UFC 242 is in the books, and now we have the medical suspensions to pass along.
In the main event of the night, Khabib Nurmagomedov successfully defended his 155-pound title against Dustin Poirier. Khabib submitted “The Diamond” in the third round of their contest from Abu Dhabi. As a result, Nurmagomedov has received a mandatory seven days rest. As for Poirier, he has been given a 30-day sit for left brow lacerations and eye lacerations.
In the co-main event, Edson Barboza and Paul Felder put on a three-round war. Barboza will sit for 45 days due to a right eye laceration. As for Felder, he has received a 45-day sit as well for a left upper brow and scalp laceration. Check out the full UFC 242 medical suspensions below, courtesy of MMA Junkie.
UFC 242 Medical Suspensions
- Khabib Nurmagomedov: 7 days mandatory rest
- Dustin Poirier: 30 days for left brow lacerations and eye lacerations
- Edson Barboza: 45 days for right eye laceration
- Paul Felder: 45 for left upper brow and scalp lacerations
- Islam Makhachev: 7 days for mandatory rest
- Davi Ramos: 30 days mandatory rest (foot X-rays were negative)
- Curtis Blaydes: 30 days for mandatory rest
- Shamil Amdurakhimov: 180 days for nasal fracture
- Maribek Taisumov: 45 days for nasal and left brow
- Carlos Diego Ferreira: 30 days foot (X-Rays negative)
- Joanne Calderwood: 180 days for nasal injury
- Andrea Lee: 30 days for mandatory rest
- Zubaira Tukhugov: 45 days for mandatory rest
- Lerone Murphy: 7 days for mandatory rest
- Liana Jojua: 60 days for TKO
- Sarah Moras: 30 days for mandatory rest
- Ottman Azaitar: 180 days left hand injury
- Teemu Packalen: 60 days for KO
- Belal Muhammad: 30 days for right temple
- Takashi Sato: 45 days for right brow laceration
- Nordine Taleb: 45 days for TKO (CT Scans negative)
- Muslim Salikov: 7 days for mandatory rest
- Omari Akhmedov: 30 for right infraorbital
- Zak Cummings: 30 days for nasal laceration
- Don Madge: 180 days right hand
- Fares Ziam: 30 days left hand pain
What do you make of the UFC 242 medical suspensions?If you enjoyed this story, please share it on social media!