Thank you for your interest in joining the team at LowickMMA. A long-time hub of MMA we pride ourselves on providing combat sports fans with all the latest news, interviews, and fight night coverage. Please read below before applying to come on board.
Current Roles Available:
- MMA Writer – We are a website that reaches millions of people each month with our written articles. The role primarily involves writing breaking news pieces that will be shared on our various social media platforms. On occasions, you will be asked to contribute opinion pieces including fight night predictions.
- Boxing Writer – For those who are also fans of boxing we have just the thing for you. Earlier this year we launched our sister site Boxingdaily.com. It’s a site we hope to grow quickly by hiring hard-working fans of the sport to help us break all the latest news.
- Video Interviewer – In 2020 we have been aggressively expanding our presence on YouTube. We are looking for people who are excited by the prospect of interviewing UFC, Bellator, and ONE Championship fighters remotely via Zoom/Skype/etc.
- Graphic Designer – It’s not all news and interviews at LowKickMMA. The MMA community is known for making some epic artwork, fight posters, and hilarious memes. As much as possible we like to create our own. So, if you’ve got a talent for this type of thing get in touch.
- Social Engagement – Do you like interacting with MMA fans on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram? Then we might have the role for you. We are looking for a social engagement specialist who will interact with our fans on various online platforms, solve issues within our groups, and live-tweet big events – get in touch for a more detailed description of what this role involves.
LowKickMMA Employee Benefits:
Introductory training – All of our new staff members get full training and support from our vastly experienced team. We pride ourselves on having an open-door policy. No problem is too big or small. No question is a bad question – so just ask!
Improve your skills – It’s all about getting your reps in. The only way you’re going to master writing, interviewing, or something else is by doing it as much as possible. At LowKickMMA you will get the opportunities to work as often as you want too, it’s all about taking the chances when they are on offer.
Build MMA contacts – Our site is home to some of the best MMA writers and interviewers in the game. Join the team and link with all of them. You’ll also get the chance to build relationships with various fighters, managers, and promoters.
Exposure – By joining LowKickMMA you are assuring your work is seen by a vast number of people who are dedicated to the sport. Whatever role you take with us it will guarantee a level of exposure that could help build a profile or fan base – it’s up to you what you do with the platform.
Event Access – We have media credentials for some of the biggest and best events in MMA. If an event is coming near you, just let us know and we’ll arrange for you to attend and get content for the site.
Financial Compensation: LowKickMMA does have paying roles but please note these are few and only given to people who prove themselves to be reliable, hardworking, and talented members of the team. Any newbies will first join us as a volunteer. When paid gigs become available we will always look in-house to fill those slots first, but they do sometimes go to outsiders.
HOW TO APPLY
If you think you would be a good fit for the LowKickMMA team please apply by sending the below information to [email protected]. A member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Preferred position:
- Average weekly availability:
- Experience/Other relevant information: