ONE Championship will hold their biggest ever event this weekend with ONE: CENTURY set to take place in Tokyo, Japan. The blockbuster event is made up of two separate cards.
ONE: CENTURY PART I will start on B/R Live at 8:00 pm (EST). The main card will begin at 11:00 pm EST and will be screened on TNT and B/R Live on Saturday, 12 October.
Fans then have just enough time to restock their snacks before ONE: CENTURY PART II begins. The prelims for the second part will start on B/R Live at 4:00 am (EST), while the main card will begin at 6:30 am (EST) on Sunday, 13 October.
ONE: CENTURY PART I will be headlined by an atomweight title clash between defending championship Angela Lee and China’s Xiong Jing Nan. The pair last fought in March at ONE: A New Era, when Lee unsuccessfully attempted to capture Xiong’s ONE Women’s Strawweight World Title. Now the pair will face off once more, only this time the tables have been reversed.
The co-main event of the first card features Demetrious Johnson and Team Lakay’s Danny Kingad battling it out to be crowned the ONE Flyweight World Grand Prix Champion. Johnson will go into the bout the overwhelming favorite, but Kingad is a dynamic striker and “ Mighty Mouse” will need to be at his best to ensure he leaves Japan with a victory.
The main card of PART I will open with the ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix Final between the rampaging Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev and the ONE Lightweight World Champion Christian Lee. After Arslanaliev’s original opponent Eddie Alveraz dropped out due to injury, Lee stepped in as a late notice replacement. Lee’s title will not be on the line in this match-up.
The main event of ONE: CENTURY PART II will see ONE Light Heavyweight World Champion Aung La N Sang defending his belt against ONE Heavyweight World Champion Brandon Vera. At 41 years-of-age this may be Vera’s only chance to become a champ-champ, so expect to see fireworks produced by the MMA veteran.
After three bouts, the rivalry between Brazil’s Bibiano Fernandes and the Philippines Kevin Belingon will finally come to an end when they clash for the fourth time. Fernandes, the reigning ONE Bantamweight World Champion, is confident that he has Belingon’s number figured out and the Brazilian is confident he will be the last man standing when the dust settles.
ONE Super Series fans are also in for a treat when Italy’s Giorgio Petrosyan and French-Algerian Samy Sana face off for the right to be called the ONE Featherweight World Grand Prix Champion.
ONE: CENTURY PART I
- Angela Lee vs. Xiong Jing Nan (ONE Atomweight World Championship)
- Demetrious Johnson vs. Danny Kingad ( ONE Flyweight World Grand Prix Final)
- Janet Todd vs. Ekaterina Vandaryeva (ONE Super Series Muay Thai atomweight)
- Christian Lee vs. Saygid Guseyn Arslanaliev (ONE Lightweight World Grand Prix Final
- Yuya Wakamatsu vs. Dae Hwan Kim (mixed martial arts – flyweight)
- Sam-a Gaiyanghadao vs. Darren Roland ( ONE Super Series Muay Thai strawweight)
- Yushi Okami vs. Agilan Thani (mixed martial arts – welterweight)
- Itsuki Harata vs. Rika Ishige(mixed martial arts – atomweight)
- Senzo Ikeda vs. Lito Adiwang (mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Phoe Thaw vs. Yoon Chang Min(mixed martial arts – featherweight)
- Sunoto vs. Kwon Won Il (mixed martial arts – catchweight 68 kg)
ONE: CENTURY PART II
- Aung La N Sang (c) vs. Brandon Vera ( ONE Light Heavyweight World Championship)
- Shinya Aoki vs. Honorio Banario (mixed martial arts – lightweight)
- Bibiano Fernandes vs. Kevin Belingon ( ONE Bantamweight World Championship)
- Rodtang Jitmuangnon vs.Walter Goncalves(ONE Flyweight Muay World Championship)
- Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Samy Sana (ONE Featherweight Kickboxing Grand Prix Final)
- Mauro Cerilli vs. Arjan Bhullar (mixed martial arts – heavyweight)
- Mei Yamaguchi vs. vs. Jenny Huang (mixed martial arts – atomweight)
- Yosuke Saruta (S) vs. Daichi Kitakata (P) (mixed martial arts – strawweight)
- Shoko Sato (S) vs. Rafael Silva (P) (mixed martial arts – bantamweight)
- Hernani Perpetuo (S) vs. Hiroyuki Tetsuka (P) (mixed martial arts – welterweight) Koshi Matsumoto (S) vs. Takasuke Kume (P) (mixed martial arts –lightweight
(S) denotes Shooto Champion, (P) denotes Pancrase Champion