Nate Diaz will make his UFC return this weekend (Sun. February 17, 2019).
However, it won’t be as a competitor. Diaz will be cornering Kron Gracie for his UFC debut at this week’s UFC on ESPN 1 in Phoenix, Arizona. ESPN’s Greg Rosenstein broke the news on Twitter:
“Nate Diaz will be cornering Kron Gracie this weekend at UFC Fight Night: Phoenix, per @GilbertMelendez. Gracie faces Alex Caceres in his UFC debut.”
Diaz’s last fight took place in 2016, in which he was defeated by Conor McGregor via split decision at UFC 202. The Stockton native was expected to return in November at UFC 230. He was briefly advertised to face Dustin Poirier in the co-main event. However, “The Diamond” was forced out with an injury, and Diaz’s UFC return has again been delayed.
He’ll corner Gracie, who is undefeated at 4-0 thus far in his mixed martial arts (MMA) career. Gracie will face UFC veteran Alex Caceres, who has lost three of his last five UFC fights. His last fight this past July resulted in a split decision win over Martin Bravo.
Check out the full UFC on ESPN 1 card below.
UFC on ESPN 1 Card
- Cain Velasquez vs. Francis Ngannou
- Paul Felder vs. James Vick
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Cortney Casey
- Alex Caceres vs. Kron Gracie
- Bryan Barberena vs. Vicente Luque
- Andre Fili vs. Myles Jury
- Jimmie Rivera vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Manny Bermudez vs. Benito Lopez
- Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Andrea Lee
- Scott Holtzman vs. Nik Lentz
- Jodie Esquibel vs. Jessica Penne
- Renan Barao vs. Luke Sanders
- Alexandra Albu vs. Emily Whitmire