The UFC 248 card simply can’t catch a break, as another fight has been affected.
Jeremy Stephens has reportedly pulled out from his scheduled featherweight scrap with Calvin Kattar, per MMA Junkie. Stephens and Kattar had verbally agreed to the matchup, however, the UFC had not yet officially announced it for the card. Stephens reportedly suffered an injury before the fight was finalized, and a rescheduling is expected. No timetable was given for how long that may be.
Kattar comes off a close loss to Zabit Magomedsharipov in his first-ever UFC headliner in November. As for Stephens, he’s currently on a four-fight winless streak. His last victory came against Josh Emmett via knockout in February of 2018. Since, he has been defeated by the likes of Yair Rodriguez, Magomedsharipov, and Jose Aldo.
UFC 248 already took a hit with the withdrawal of Robert Whittaker, who was expected to face Jared Cannonier. You can check out the updated card below.
Updated UFC 248 Card
- Zhang Weili vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
- Jared Cannonier vs. TBA
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Guido Cannetti
- Polyana Viana vs. Emily Whitmire
- Li Jingliang vs. Neil Magny
- Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
- Sean O’Malley vs. Jose Quinonez
- Max Griffin vs. Alex Oliveira
- Saparbek Safarov vs. Rodolfo Vieira
- Austin Hubbard vs. Mark Madsen
Who do you want to see Kattar fight after Stephens was forced to pull?