Mark Hunt Apologizes To His Team For Performance At UFC Fight Night 65

SHARE

At UFC Fight Night 65 last month (May 10, 2015), Mark Hunt once again proved how big his heart is. The former K-1 stalwart was battered by Stipe Miocic, but he wasn’t stopped until the fifth and final round.

Despite putting his fighting spirit on display, Hunt feels he let a lot people down in his camp. Here’s what he told Submission Radio:

“I wasted my whole camp and I can’t apologize enough to my team and all the guys that were with me. You know because I shouldn’t even have to cut weight for these things, and the problem is I had a bad weight cut and I didn’t carb up enough.”

Don’t mistake Hunt’s apology for a weakness, however. While some have been calling for “Super Samoan” to hang up his gloves, he has other ideas:

“A lot of people have said, ‘I think it’s time to hang it up.’ Well I don’t think it’s the same thing, because I love what I do and that was just a bad error I made.”

After losing his UFC debut to Sean McCorkle back in 2010, Hunt went on a four-fight winning streak. The victims of that tear included names such as Ben Rothwell and Stefan Struve. Junior dos Santos put an end to Hunt’s streak with a spinning hook kick at UFC 160.

Following a war with Antonio Silva and a knockout victory over Roy Nelson, Hunt earned himself an interim heavyweight title opportunity against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 180. Hunt was finished in the second round via a flying knee.

When the “Super Samoan” is ready to step back inside the Octagon, he won’t be too concerned with who his opposition will be:

“I will dance with anybody. I like doing the tango and waltz, the waltz especially.”