Fight weekend is finally upon us, so it must be weigh-ins day here at LowKickMMA! Topping the stacked card in New York is a lightweight championship battle for the ages. Conor McGregor will attempt to make History by taking Eddie Alvarez’s belt, and the Philly native plays the role of heavy-handed spoiler in the Big Apple. Taking up the co-main slot is the welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and surging contender Stephen Thompson. ‘Wonderboy’ hopes his flashy striking will overcome the power hands of ‘The Chosen One’ to claim the 170-pound strap.
Polish contender Karolina Kowalkiewicz will take a run at Joanna Jedrzejczyk’s strawweight title in a battle of Polish strikers. Joanna’s legacy could truly be defined by this all-Polish battle, and that’s just half the main card so far. Former middleweight champion Chris Weidman takes on Yoel Romero in a contenders match, although Michael Bisping recently said he wouldn’t fight ‘Soldier of God.’ Popuklar UFC lightweight/welterweight DOnald Cerrone fights Kelvin Gastelum at 170 pounds, and former w-135 champ Miesha Tate meets Raquel Pennington.
Easily headlining your standard pay-per-view or a fight night card, the FOX Sports prelims have some incredible scraps scheduled. Former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar faces Jeremy Stephens in a featherweight burner, and how about Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson? Two angry lightweight ontenders will clash as ‘The Eagle’ and ‘The Menace’ set their sights on the main event winner. Belal Muhammed vs. Vincente Luque was promoted to the FOX card after Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy was scrapped.
Be sure to join us here throughout the day for the updated early weigh-in results after 10 AM ET, or tune in for the traditional weigh-ins show at 6PM ET!
Event: UFC 205: “Alvarez vs. McGregor”
Date: Sat., Nov. 12, 2016
Location: Madison Square Garden in New York, New York
Broadcast: Pay-Per-View (PPV)
The complete UFC 205 early weigh-in results included:
MAIN CARD (pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Lightweight champ Eddie Alvarez (154.6) vs. featherweight champ Conor McGregor (154.4) – for lightweight title
- Champ Tyron Woodley (169.8) vs. Stephen Thompson (169) – for welterweight title
- Champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk (114.4) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.4) – for strawweight title
- Yoel Romero (185.6) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)
- Donald Cerrone (170.4)+ vs. Kelvin Gastelum (n/a)+
- Raquel Pennington (135.8) vs. Miesha Tate (135.6)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Frankie Edgar (145.4) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145.8)
- Michael Johnson (155.8) vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov (155.8)
- Tim Boetsch (185.4) vs. Rafael Natal (185.4)
- Vicente Luque (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. ET)
- Thiago Alves (162.6)* vs. Jim Miller (157.6)* – 163-pound catchweight
- Liz Carmouche (134.8) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135)
* – Alves missed the 156-pound limit and was fined 20 percent of his purse. Because the commission required them to be within five pounds of each other, Miller added weight to make the bout with Alves official. Miller wasn’t fined, and Alves can weigh no more than 173 pounds on fight night for what is now a 163-pound catchweight bout.
+ – Fight is off after Gastelum opted not to weigh in