Several new fights have been announced for the UFC’s return to San Antonio, including a heavyweight rematch between Andrei Arlovski and Ben Rothwell.
Alongside the rematch, James Vick (13-3) meets Dan Hooker (17-4) in a lightweight bout, and Ray Borg (11-4) steps into the Octagon to take on promotion newcomer Gabriel Silva (7-0) in a bantamweight bout. The San Antonio Express-News reported the news on Monday (June 3, 2019).
The first fight between these two heavyweight sluggers came back in the co-main event of the first Affliction show in July 2008. In the bout, Arlovski knocked out Rothwell in the third round. Now, over a decade later, the two will go at it again.
Rothwell fought Blagoy Ivanov at UFC Wichita, and lost via unanimous decision in his return fight following a two-year United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) suspension. The former UFC heavyweight champion is currently on a four-fight losing streak.
Vick has lost two-straight fights coming into the bout after winning nine of his first 10 UFC fights. On the flip side, Hooker suffered a third-round KO loss to Edson Barboza in December, which snapped a streak of four consecutive victories.
The event takes place on July 20, 2019, at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, Texas and will air on ESPN. A headliner for the show has yet to be announced. Here is the updated card:
UFC San Antonio Card
- Juan Adams vs. Greg Hardy
- Alex Caceres vs. Steven Peterson
- Domingo Pilarte vs. Felipe Colares
- Liz Carmouche vs. Roxanne Modafferi
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Walt Harris
- Raquel Pennington vs. Irene Aldana
- Sam Alvey vs. Klidson Abreu
- Mario Bautista vs. Jin Soo Son
- James Vick vs. Dan Hooker
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Ben Rothwell
- Ray Borg vs. Gabriel Silva