Scott Coker: Melendez vs. Aoki 2 in works for New Years Eve in JapanPosted on November 1, 2010, 10:37 AM by Anton Gurevich
• Coker suggested could get a title shot against middleweight champion Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza if Lawler defeats on Dec. 4. However, if Lindland wins, a rematch against Souza doesn’t sound likely: "I think if Robbie wins, I think that would be a great fight. Let’s just see what happens on December 4. Jacare, I know he wants to fight, get back in the cage. We’ll have him probably in the first quarter of . He definitely will be fighting."
• Coker would like to promote against in the U.S.
• Coker was impressed with Shinya Aoki’s win over Kawajiri. He said Aoki looked much more comfortable in a ring than he did in the cage against . He’s working on a rematch between Melendez and Aoki that would take place in a ring on New Year’s Eve in Japan.
• Coker would like to match Brett Rogers against
• Gina Carano may return to Mixed Martial Arts in 2011 - Sherdog's The Savage Dog Show via BloodyElbow.com
Well, it looks like Melendez vs Alvarez will not happen anytime soon. This way or another, there's still a good case for promoting Aoki vs Mlendez 2, especially on the home turf of "Tobikan Judan". Shinya Aoki went 3-0 after losing to Melendez at Strikeforce: Nashville, defeating Tatsuya Kawajiri, Marcus Aurelio and Yokthai Sithoar. As for Melendez, "El Nino" is inactive since victory over Shinya Aoki, and will definitely need another bout this year to stay in good shape for 2011.