ONE Championship 75 may have just played host to the 2018 Fight Of The Year.
Two-division champion Aung La N Sang defended his middleweight crown against Ken Hasegawa in the main event. Veteran play-by-play commentator Michael Schiavello couldn’t believe what he was seeing, saying the following (via MMA Junkie):
“Words can’t describe!” Schiavello said. “Suffice to say, Aung La N Sang vs. Ken Hasegawa was the greatest match we’ve ever seen!”
Don’t believe the hype? Just check out the side-by-side photos of Sand and Hasegawa’s faces after going to war:
Both men showed a tremendous amount of heart in the fight, but in the end Sang retained his title with a fifth round knockout after connecting on an uppercut. He also has to worry about defending the welterweight title in the near future, after successfully defending the promotion’s 185-pound strap against Hasegawa.
The full results for the ONE Championship 75 event can be found below:
- Aung La N Sang def. Ken Hasegawa via R5 TKO (strikes, 3:13)
- Leandro Issa def. Roman Alvarez via R1 submission (arm-triangle choke, 1:26)
- Sagetdao Petpayathai def. Ma Jia Wen via unanimous decision
- Tetsuya Yamada def. Rafael Nunes via R 2 TKO (doctor’s stoppage, 4:05)
- Chen Lei def. Ahmad Qais Jasoor via R3 TKO (1:27)
- Kritsada Kongsrichai def. Jeremy Miado via unanimous decision
- Mite Yine def. Saw Darwait via R1 TKO (strikes, 2:48)