Georges St-Pierre: I’m Not Scared Of Nick Diaz

georges st-pierre GSP

With his little brother Nate coming off of a massive payday from this past Saturday’s (August 20, 2016) UFC 202 event, UFC welterweight veteran Nick Diaz may be closing in on a big money fight of his own.

With former UFC 170-pound king Georges St-Pierre possibly on the cusp of his blockbuster return to the Octagon, the Canadian star may very well be welcomed back to combat action by his old nemesis in Diaz.

‘GSP’ recently spoke to MMA Fighting regarding the possibility of his UFC return; and while he has plenty of suitors to challenge him in a return to mixed martial arts (MMA), St-Pierre noted that a rematch with the brash Diaz brother is certainly a very likely possibility:

READ MORE:  Alex Pereira backs Israel Adesanya to win title fight in return at UFC 305: 'He has a beautiful story'

MMA: UFC 158-St.Pierre vs Diaz“It could be very possible to happen,” GSP said.

“I beat him, but there was a lot of animosity,” St-Pierre said. “I didn’t feel I fought well that fight. He says I poisoned him and all that kind of stuff. Whatever.

He has very good excuses. Even myself, I could make excuses, but I’m not that type of guy. Trust me when I say I didn’t fight as well as I wanted to and it would be fun to do it again.”

While other fighters such as current UFC welterweight champ Tyron Woodley are also currently campaigning to welcome St-Pierre back to the UFC, ‘Rush’ is adamant that he isn’t ‘ducking’ anybody for his homecoming bout and stated that he would love to return against a guy as ‘dangerous’ as the Stockton Native:

READ MORE:  Alex Pereira targeting December return for UFC 310 title fight: 'It would be a good date for me'

“There’s a lot of options,” GSP said. “I know a lot of guys have called me out. … Everybody is dangerous this game, I know. People say I’m ducking this guy, I’m ducking that guy. I’m not ducking anybody.

I’m not scared of this guy and it would be fun to be welcomed in the cage after a long layoff to fight a guy that has such a stature, that sort of skillset,” St-Pierre said.

“”He’s a very dangerous guy, Nick Diaz. it would put me right back in the water where I left it, at the very world-class caliber level. I would welcome the challenge. I’m not a guy who would shy away from a challenge like that.”

Mar 16, 2013; Montreal, Quebec, CAN; Nick Diaz (blue) taunts Georges St.Pierre (red) during their Welterweight title bout at UFC 158 at the Bell Centre. Mandatory Credit: Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports
Mar 16, 2013; Montreal, Quebec, CAN; Nick Diaz (blue) taunts Georges St.Pierre (red) during their Welterweight title bout at UFC 158 at the Bell Centre. Mandatory Credit: Eric Bolte-USA TODAY Sports

Diaz has only competed once since suffering his unanimous decision loss to ‘GSP’ at UFC 158 in 2013, when he took on Anderson Silva in the main event of UFC 183 last year.

READ MORE:  Report - Ciryl Gane makes return in rematch fight with Alexander Volkov at UFC 308 in Abu Dhabi

The bout was originally ruled a unanimous decision victory for ‘The Spider’, however, due to Silva testing positive for steroids and Diaz exceeding the limit of marijuana metabolites in his system following the contest, it was later reverted to a No Contest.

Would you like to see St-Pierre and Diaz throw down one more time to welcome back the former welterweight kingpin?

‘Where you at Georges?’