Earlier this year, talk of a fight between Conor McGregor and fan-favorite Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone began to shake up the mixed martial arts (MMA) community.
However, after announcing his retirement this morning (Tues. March 26, 2019), McGregor’s fighting days seem to be done. Not to mention a sexual assault allegation targeting the former “champ c
Cerrone said he’s not buying it and believes the whole situation is a ploy to try and stay relevant:
“We saw it last night actually, we were up,” Cerrone said. “I didn’t believe it. I don’t think it’s happening. I really don’t. I think it’s just a ploy to stay relevant. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.”
Following his big knockout victory in Brooklyn this past January, it sounded like a fight between McGregor and Cerrone might actually happen. However, “Cowboy” claims McGregor went “radio silent” during the negotiations:
“We were like “yes, absolutely, lets go.” Then all of a sudden, he speaks to the UFC, we were supposed to get a fight – they wanted it for April, he said he wouldn’t be ready for April, lets push back for July, and then he just went radio silent.
“Couldn’t hear from him, couldn’t get ahold of him. It was crazy, it’s like, he was all for it, and then just went radio silent. I don’t know what the deal is, I don’t know what’s going on with him or what the plan is, but I don’t think he’s going anywhere. He might stay away for a little bit but he’ll be back.” If you enjoyed this story, please share it on social media!