Eric Spicely will be making his return to the UFC this weekend. The Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt was initially released by the Las Vegas-based promotion in 2018.
The card goes down this weekend (Sat. June 22, 2019) from the Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina. Spicely is a former semi-finalist from The Ultimate Fighter 23 (TUF 23). However, after three straight losses to the likes of Antonio Carlos Junior, Gerald Meerschaert, and Darren Stewart, he was handed his walking papers last year.
As for Winn, he’ll actually be making his UFC debut, as well as his debut at 185 pounds. The American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) product will have his hands full against a ground specialist the caliber of Spicely.
UFC Greenville Card
Main Card (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET):
- Renato Moicano vs. Chan Sung Jung
- Rob Font vs. John Lineker
- Bryan Barberena vs. Randy Brown
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Andrea Lee
- Alessio Di Chirico vs. Kevin Holland
- Syuri Kondo vs. Ashley Yoder
Preliminary Card (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET):
- Kevin Aguilar vs. Dan Ige
- Luis Pena vs. Matt Wiman
- Allen Crowder vs. Jair Rozenstruik
- Ariane Lipski vs. Molly McCann
- Eric Spicely vs. Deron Winn
- Anderson dos Santos vs. Andre Ewell