A.Silva still has his work ahead of him.

After the events on Saturday night the list will grow of fighters who want to challenge “Shogun” Rua for his title. But at this time that list does not include Middle Weight champ Anderson Silva.

 

There has been much talk ever since his dominating win over Forrest Griffen, and James Irvin that Anderson would get a title shot at LHW. Prior to Saturday Anderson was hindered by his long time friendship with Lyoto Machida, but now the sky is the limits.

READ MORE:  Official - Alex Pereira vs. Israel Adesanya II set to headline UFC 287 on April 8. in title rematch

 

President Dana White still believes that Silva has yet to clear out the division, and that there is still much more competion for him.

 

Anderson Silva‘s going to fight Chael Sonnen, and then probably Vitor Belfort, then he’ll move up,” said White. “I like to see guys clean a division out.”

 

Silva’s first challenge will come in August when he fights Chael Sonnen for the title. Belfort has yet to announce a date when he will return to fighting. More than likely though he will have one fight to get him back before challenging either Anderson Silva, or Chael Sonnen.

READ MORE:  Raul Rosas Jr. vows to become UFC triple crown title winner: '135, 145, 155, let's go'

 

“I’m still unhappy with Anderson. I want to see Anderson perform in his next (fight). The way that Shogun performed tonight is the way the best fighters in the world should perform,” White stated. “That’s what people are paying for.”

Randy Couture may also be lingering in the title picture. Couture told MMAWeekly.com last week that he hoped to get the winner of Shogun/Machida within six months.

 

Source ~ http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=11463&zoneid=2

READ MORE:  Michael Chandler envisions war in potential Conor McGregor fight: 'Just two dudes trying to finish each other'