It looks like a women’s bantamweight bout is being finalized for the main event of UFC Sacramento.
According to a report from MMA Junkie, subsequently confirmed by ESPN, former UFC women’s featherweight champion Germaine de Randamie will be facing off against Aspen Ladd. The show goes down from Sacramento, California on July 13.
It already features the return of former multi-time bantamweight title challenger Urijah Faber, who is coming out of retirement to face Ricky Simon. Bout agreements have not yet been signed for Randamie vs. Ladd, but both sides have verbally agreed to the contest.
Ladd comes off a unanimous decision victory over Sijara Eubanks at UFC Rochester earlier this month. As for Randamie, she hasn’t competed since November when she defeated Raquel Pennington via unanimous decision. She is currently on a four-fight win streak, not having lost since 2013 to Amanda Nunes.
Check out the updated UFC Sacramento card here:
- Germaine de Randamie vs. Aspen Ladd
- Urijah Faber vs. Ricky Simon
- Mirsad Bektic vs. Josh Emmett
- Andre Fili vs. Sheymon Moraes
- Darren Elkins vs. Ryan Hall
- Cynthia Calvillo vs. Livinha Souza
- Beneil Dariush vs. Drakkar Klose
- Sara McMann vs. Nicco Montano
- Cezar Ferreira vs. Marvin Vettori
- Mike Rodriguez vs. Gian Villante
- Karl Roberson vs. John Phillips
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Liu Pingyuan
- Martin Day vs. Benito Lopez