UFC Fighter: Nate Diaz Will Submit Conor McGregor Again

Spread the word!

After the whole UFC 200 fiasco that saw featherweight champion Conor McGregor pulled from his scheduled rematch with Nate Diaz, who submitted him at March 5’s UFC 196, the Irishman finally met with the UFC brass yesterday (May 19, 2016), and it’s expected that his next fight will be announced in the shortly.

UFC President Dana White has previously said that McGregor will next face the winner of UFC 200’s interim 145-pound title fight between Jose Aldo and Frankie Edgar, but the “Notorious” one has seemed adamant on getting his revenge on Diaz.

We’ll just have to wait and see who the UFC will call on next to meet the Irish knockout artist, but returning UFC lightweight Gilbert Melendez feels as if McGregor should steer clear of Diaz.

Melendez, a teammate of Diaz’s, recently said that he doesn’t see the potential rematch going any different. He did note that McGregor may try to stick and move more, but “El Nino” ultimately sees Diaz once again submitting the Irishman:

“I don’t see it going any differently. I see Conor, if he does fight him again, he fights like the smaller man. He’ll try to stick and move and try to kick out Nate’s front leg and try to take his shots. Ultimately, Nate will stand strong, he’ll eventually walk him down, he’ll start landing the 1-2 and we’ll see the same finish,” Melendez told FOX Sports.

“Maybe a little bit later because Conor’s going to use his footwork to dance around and maybe not try to stand in the pocket as much.

Melendez will make his comeback against Edson Barboza in July after serving out a suspension due to a failed drug test.

As for McGregor and Diaz, do you see the two rivals going at it again in the near future?