UFC Fight Night 24 by the NumbersPosted on March 28, 2011, 06:04 PM by Ryan Ventura
UFC Fight Night 24 last Saturday in Seattle, Washington provided us with a solid free card of MMA action and memorable finishes. Thanks to our friends at Compustrike, we were able to follow every strike, every takedown, and every submission attempt. Let’s take a closer at the numbers at UFC Fight Night 24.
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Phil Davis (Unanimous Decision):
- Phil Davis outstruck the PRIDE veteran Antonio Rogerio Nogueira the whole fight. Davis landed 42/102 (41%) strikes compared to Nogueira's 18/55 (33%). 22 of Mr. Wonderful's strikes were power shots and 22 of them were ground strikes.
- Nogueira stuffed 4 of Davis' takedowns in the first round, but Davis eventually solved the puzzle of Lil' Nog's takedown defense in the 2nd round scoring 2 out of 3 in both the 2nd and 3rd round.
Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson (Unanimous Decision):
- Anthony Johnson dominated Dan Hardy in every aspect of the game. Rumble outstruck Hardy 72/93 (77%) compared to The Outlaw's 5/15 (33%) and dropped Hardy once in the first round.
-67 of Johnson's strikes were landed on the ground. He also took down Hardy 4 times, was in a dominate position 3 times, andeven attempted 2 submissions. Can't forget about Hardy's 4 kimura attempts.
Amir Sadollah (2nd round Submission via elbows) vs. DaMarques Johnson:
- Sadollah dominated Johnson in nearly every aspect of the game. Amir Sadollah out struck 73/96 (76%) compared DaMarques Johnson's 25/52 (48%). 35 of those strikes for Amir were from the ground.
- The only stat DaMarques Johnson beat Amir Sadollah in was the takedown department scoring 3/4 takedowns and even managing to get dominate position twice.
Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung (first round submission):
- The "Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung outclassed Leonard Garcia in every aspect of the game. Zombie landed 44/109 (40%) strikes compared to Garcia's 24/81 (30%).
- Jung was also of course was a much more superior ground fighter, finding himself in dominate position 4 times during the fight eventually leading to his "Twister" victory
You see the numbers, you see the facts. You be the judge and express your thoughts in the comment box! Also thanks again to Compustrike for the numbers and we encourage you all to visit them for all your MMA stats!