UFC 177 went down this past Saturday (August 30th, 2014) in what looked to be a rather weak card. In fact, the fans in Sacramento, California were provided with a great night of entertaining bouts, and some heavy finishes on the main card. UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw got the fifth round knockout over late Renan Barao replacement Joe Soto, after the impromptu challenger put in quite a game effort.
Unfortunately for Soto, his gutsy five round effort may have cost him some time. According to the UFC 177 medical suspensions list, “One Bad Mofo” may have suffered a fracture to his right hand against “The Viper”. A preliminary suspension of six months has been placed on Soto. Also hit with a half-year sit is Team Alpha Male product Danny Castillo, who lost a split decision to Tony Ferguson in the co-main event. Castillo is thought to have suffered a fractured right thumb during his three round scrap.
Soto did well to go five rounds with Dillashaw, but the fact that the champion emerged unscathed tells the tale of that bout. Check out the full UFC 177 medical suspensions list below:
- Joe Soto: suspended 180 days, no contact 180 days due to potential right hand fracture; suspended 60 days, no contact 60 days due to nose laceration; can return early pending physician clearance; regardless suspended 45 days, no contact 30 days, requires ophthalmology exam for precautionary reasons
- Danny Castillo: suspended 180 days; no contact 180 days due to potential right thumb fracture, can return early pending physician clearance
- Tony Ferguson: suspended 60 days; no contact 60 days due to right eyebrow laceration, can return early pending physician clearance
- Shayna Baszler: suspended 45 days; no contact 30 days
- Ramsey Nijem: suspended 45 days; no contact 30 days
- Damon Jackson: suspended 45 days; no contact 30 days, required to undergo neurological exam for precautionary reasons
- Ruan Potts: suspended 45 days; no contact 30 days
- Cain Carrizosa: suspended 45 days; no contact 30 days