The UFC has officially announced eight fights for the upcoming UFC 237 pay-per-view (PPV) event.
The action will go down live from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the Jeunesse Arena on May 11, 2019. The UFC officially announced that former featherweight champion Jose Aldo returns on the card. He’ll face off against Alexander Volkanovski. “Scarface” has been on a roll as of late, picking up back-to-back TKO wins over Jeremy Stephens and Renato Moicano.
As for Volkanovski, he’s coming off a big victory over Chad Mendes at UFC 232 in December. With a big win over the greatest featherweight of all-time, Volkanovski could find himself into the title conversation faster than expected. It was also announced that Rose Namajunas will defend her strawweight title against Jessica Andrade.
The UFC also made the following six fights official as well:
- Jared Cannonier vs. Anderson Silva
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Ryan Spann
- Luana Carolina vs. Yanan Wu
- Irene Aldana vs. Bethe Correia
- Thiago Alves vs. Laureano Staropoli
- Talita Bernardo vs. Jessica-Rose Clark