I have always been a big MMA fan since the early days of the sport....i love all combat sports but am pretty much fanatical about MMA....and not only the UFC....though they clearly lead the way and are largely responsible for getting MMA into the mainstream....i enjoy discussions about fights, past/present.....fighters, and just pretty much anything MMA....props to LK too!.....great site :)Send PM
"You never know with Nate which guy you're going to get......one fight he looks absolutely awesome.....like an un-stoppable beast......then a fight or two later he looks like a 'lame' version of himself......could that be TRT related?.....who knows......Nate is a great fighter though no doubt about that......and he is very well rounded.....something you definately need to be in todays game......He does have the potential to do great IMO......just depends which Marquardt turns up......"
on the following blog post:Fighting in a deep talent pool, it's time for Nate Marquardt to sink or swim
11 months agoterra2805Added a new comment
"As long as the fight is on the feet Hunt has a chance.......we all know that both these guys are stand up fighters and rarely, if ever, look to take the fight to the ground......I don't think JDS will change the way he fights because of his loss to Cain.....he did have his chances against Cain but he just was just completely shut down and wasn't throwing any punches at all.....he got back to his feet plenty of times but was just completely focused on trying to stop Cain taking him down and wasn't being offensive at all.....Anyway, i digress......i think both JDS and Hunt will keep this fight on the feet.....one thing we did learn from the Velasquez vs JDS fight was that JDS can take some punishment man!.....and we all know Hunt has a beard too!.....All the ingredients for an awesome stand up war!!......If anything usually lets Hunt down it's his cardio......JDS doesn't go to the later rounds often either but i'd definately give him the edge there......I also think JDS has the edge technically......On the Fuel TV 8 card both the Pride guys were underdogs......and both guys won with an impressive KO......The influx of fighters from all the other promotions the UFC has consumed just seem to be hungrier lately.....Bigfoot.....Wandy......Hunt.....and the list goes on....the UFC guys have been getting paid big money for too long......what's to fight for when you truly want for nothing?......but for the love of the sport itself......which IS enough for a lot of guys......Wanderlei for example......guys like him would fight for free purely for the love of the sport......Anyway, as much as i love Hunt i'm picking JDS in this one......most likely by KO/TKO...."
on the following blog post:Mark Hunt talks Dana White, problems with the UFC , and UFC 160 fight with Junior Dos Santos
11 months agoterra2805Added a new comment
"LMFAO!!....why do we still even entertain these peoples so obviously un-educated opinions about a sport they know absolutely nothing about.....i mean, likening womens MMA to ****??!.....so obviously speaking from a personal point of view then.....Some of these people jusy have blinkers on pretty much and refuse to learn more about the sport......i don't think we'll see much more of this kind of slander thankfully as this guy is a dying breed.....along with most of his opinions....If you're going to ridicule or slander something....whatever it might be....at least learn something about the said 'thing' so you at least sound like you actually KNOW what you're talking about and don't sound like just another bigot.....these interviews shouldn't even be wasting space on these websites.....too much MMA to cover....don't give these idiots any coverage....they're just SO not relevant these days...."
on the following blog post:Media Writer compares womens MMA to porn, calls the sport a "gruesome display"
11 months agoterra2805Added a new comment
"You can understand GSP's loyalty to his friend and training partner......that's normal....but IMHO Weidman isn't getting the credit he deserves....people just don't know much about him but he is a lot more dangerous than people seem to realise....we all know about his BJJ credentials but he's also a dangerous striker......he not too long ago fought Urijah Hall, currently on this seasons TUF, who recently had that devastating back spin KO.....Weidman knocked him out with a left hook......Granted that Hall is no Anderson Silva but don't sleep on Weidman.....I actually give him a better shot than some of Silva's more recent opponents.....i mean Stephan Bonnar FFS??!!....who was the genius behind that one?!....Silva showed the vast difference between a technical brawler and a pin point striker when he fought both Bonnar AND Griffin....decimating both of them......I do actually think myself that Silva will retain the belt....BUT.....i wont be as shocked as some if Weidman pulls this off....as i say.....because he isn't widely recognised people aren't giving him a chance......i think he does possess the necassary tools to cause an upset....Weidman has well and truly come in under the radar.....which may work in his favour in the end......we'll see..."
on the following blog post:GSP thinks Chris Weidman will finish Anderson Silva
11 months agoterra2805Added a new comment
"Same picks i made pretty much......as usual......i'm pretty sure Wanderlei will give the fans what they want to see....sadly, i also think it will end with him getting KO'd.....the Leben vs Wandy fight springs to mind.....Stann has a granite chin as well as KO power, i just think it's a bad match up for Wanderlei.....as much as i love the guy.....(Stann KO RD 1)......I also like Mark Hunt....but let's be honest here.....he's not exactly a "well rounded" fighter by any stretch of the imagination.....like any fighter in the UFC he has a punchers chance......but with his height and reach i honestly don't think he'll get anywhere near Struves chin with those big power shots.....his best chance will be to push Struve against the cage and unload.....but i doubt Struve will let that happen.....Even if Hunt decides to go for a takedown....which will be a rare event in itself....i doubt he will be able to take Struve down and if he does manage it he'll be in worse trouble there than on his feet.....(Struve submission or stoppage due to strikes on the ground RD 1)"
on the following blog post:UFC on Fuel TV 8 Staff Predictions: Is this Wanderlei Silva's last stand?
1 year ago More...
- terra2805 : "Hi guys, been away for a while due to ill health unfortunately but am back now and god have i got some catching up to do. I didn't believe it was possible to miss a website as much as i've missed this one, not to mention the various others. GOD it's so damn good to be back........"
- terra2805 : "hey, sorry i didn't respond to your question untill now but i've been on holiday and only just come back. Anyway, to answer your question, i'm not sure where the pic originates from but i got it from a friend some time ago so i don't think it is but i'm not certain, i like the pic though so i thought i'd use it as my thumbnail.........it's cool isn't it........."
- Daniel Cassidy : "hey man, that pic, is it from Ong Bak?"
- terra2805 : "Something i would just like to put straight, just for the record. I do not dislike Fedor, i actually like the guy and think he is actually one hell of a fighter, but i do not see how he can STILL be legitimately considered the best HW out there let alone the p4p best. He doesn't fight where all the best HW's currently reside for one, because he opted to go to SF, he isn't consistently fighting top ranked HW's, hell, he isn't even fighting consistently, SF are at a push to get him to fight twice a year. Also, the fighters he is beating are most definately not of the same calibre as the opposition he would face in the UFC no question. How long is this guy going to protect his unbeaten record and supposed p4p best status by refusing to fight the best. I am completely familiar with all of Fedors fights and who he's beaten for those of his fans that keep accusing all of us who have a problem with Fedor of not knowing sh*t about MMA, lets just say i know more than most. Anyway, like i said, i actually admire Fedor and he is an awesome fighter but imo he hasn't REALLY been tested yet, he should beat Werdum without too much trouble but i will look forward to the Overeem fight, if it happens, but i would rather see Fedor silence all of his critics by signing to fight the likes of Lesnar, Carwin, JDS, Velasquez and all the other stellar HW's out there but i wont hold my breath, he had his opportunity to prove to the world just how good he actually is and he didn't take it, why? becaue he knows his undefeated record wouldn't stay intact for much longer in the UFC. It will be too late for him soon enough and this debate will go on forever, all because Fedor wouldn't fight them to find out just who is the best HW......."
- terra2805 : "cheers joelsephw420.........."
- joelsephw420 : "hey first place, good shit"
- terra2805 : "I've always liked Chuck Liddell but things have evolved since he was king of the LHW division, and there are a lot more fighters now than there was then, he beat almost everyone twice in that division back then, Babalu, Ortiz, Couture and all the other top contenders around that time. It was hard to watch Chuck, a fighter once thought to be untouchable in the UFC, go out like that, at least he went out on his shield. Franklin is a warrior for sure though, a lot of guys would have quit on the spot after suffering a broken limb, not Rich, and he still manages to pull off the KO!!! with his one good hand fgs! I respected both these guys a lot before this fight but i respect them both all the more now, they put on the fight the fans expected it to be, it's sad one of them HAD to lose. I like Chuck as i've already said and he looked good in that fight up to the point when he got caught, he did what he always did when he thought he had someone hurt, closed in for the kill, defences down and got caught himself, same thing happened in the Evans fight. I think Chuck should go over to training the next generation of up and coming fighters or something else tied to MMA but i really dont think he should get back in there again, it's time to realise that what he once had is now gone......permanantly, he should let it go......... "
- terra2805 : "Another great event overall imo, can't believe Yves Lavigne stopped that fight when he did, Danzig was pissed and rightfully so. Condit was also lucky that the ref stopped the fight with just ten seconds left when Rory wasn't even unconcious and had two rounds under his belt. I'm glad really though because i picked Condit to win, but he's still damn lucky...lol. Sad to see Chuck go out that way but at least he went out on his shield. Franklin looked sharp too, Chuck never really had him in any trouble but twice he thought Rich was hurt and rushed in and over commited, the second time cost him the fight. Props to both guys though as it was just as exciting as everyone expected.........."
- terra2805 : "I agree, he hasn't evolved all that much but he hasn't had to really, what he's got has gotten him to where he is now. His sprawl and brawl style may be a bit one dimensional but he's damn good at that one dimension and as his record shows it IS usually effective enough to hang with, and beat, the best fighters out there. He has a solid wrestling game which he uses to keep the fight where he wants it, on the feet, where he can use his devastating punching power to knock opponents out, he also has awesome defence standing, i.e. like the cover and roll he did just before he knocked Chuck out. If Rampage was in need of adding anything to his game i would say submissions/jiu jitsu. I really think he just had a bad night, don't forget he looked great before he left for that damn movie, against Silva and Jardine, we'll see but i think he'll come back strong.........."
- Spyridon : "Honestly I dont feel Rampage is the same fighter he used to be. In the UFC he hasnt done a single throw. The last few years he has devolved in to a straight-forward and predictable fighter - all he does is strike and he doesnt really adjust to his opponents anymore. Dont get me wrong - I'd love to see the old Rampage back - I just dont think it seems like him anymore."