Lowkickdodger Joined 3 years ago
I love MMA ! Its that simple !Send PM
Latest Actions More...
- odesahitman : "Cool that you know Kongo, I used to live pretty close to the Wolfs Lair actually. Kongo is one of the fighters I don't know, I haven't even met him... How long have you guys been good friends for?? Cheers/ B regards Odesa"
- mousasi : "I originally went with that pic before Rampage vs Rashad because Rashad kept trash-talking my favorite fighter... but yeah it was pretty disrespectful and I have nothing against Rashad anyway."
- David Saucier : "its to bad I havent bet on anything yet, trying not to get started."
- HunterB : "whats next, a mom comeback?? youre a joke"
- HunterB : "gay porn now... you really must be a closet homo douche bag eh"
- HunterB : " why because i like beautiful women? and anytime someone looks at my profile, they get eye candy? anyone who sits there talking about virginity needs to go get some pussy, because its a sad, sad little way to defend yourself, and usually tells a lot about your personal life. dont post on my wall douche bag, ive had more dimes then you could even keep in your spank bank."
- doomsdayapex : "I really thought he was out in the first round -- Carwin wasn't properly defending himself on the ground BUT he managed to come back after a beating. Lol, no his chin is no longer suspect. Hmmm, it's a tough one. JDS showed great TDD and scrambling ability, and fast powerful hands yet Carwin is a one-dimensional Boxer and is not explosive when coming to the takedown. Cain, on the other hand, has great striking (with head movement), explosive takedowns (possibly has the best single leg takedown in MMA) and freakish endurance that can last for days. I think Velasquez has the edge, in my opinion. What really has me worried about JDS though is after the fight (in a interview) he stated that he did not have to worry about his wrestling so he was going to just work on his Boxing... I'm quite certain that is not a good strategy."
- doomsdayapex : "I agree, this is going to be very interesting. JDS is the more technical boxer out of the two (throws punches in bunches while Carwin just throws single shots) but Carwin's massive power makes up for it. In my opinion though, I don't think it's going to come down to skill set, rather who catches who first."
- doomsdayapex : "Lol, Rua spanked Machida's ass both times, I agree. It's true, Jones' wrestling and GNP skills are very frightening but Lyoto's elusive style could provide a bad match up for Jones (seeing as Jon is not a technical striker). While Rampage did pressure Machida, he wasn't in a good place mentally before the bout with Jackson. He appeared more comfortable with Couture but Randy is a 48 year old with limited striking... BUT his wrestling was still elite and Lyoto defended the takedown quite well. Mousasi, if he works on his TDD, is the future of MMA. Until then, Gegard has a nasty Guillotine Choke for defending against the takedown -- similar to Alistair Overeem's. I don't know why he didn't use against Jardine and King Mo though. Rashad is an interesting case. While he is small, I think Evans has the speed advantage. His boxing isn't that bad either but he won't go to that, he'll stick to his wrestling. Evans has impressive wrestling for a guy who never won a NCAA title, if he can get his arms around Jones he might be able to take him down. Until then, it's pure speculation. We will see how he handles Phil Davis (a good wrestler and grappler himself)."
- doomsdayapex : "I'm just not sold on Jones. Granted he destroyed Rua but who is to say that Shogun can't improve his TDD. He did pretty well against Griffin's wrestling in the first two rounds in his UFC debut. In fact, Rua took Griffin down on several occasions. He also took down Liddell -- minor accomplishment but yet not many have done the feat. Rua has the ability to, at least, have Cro Cop's TDD. It's more than possible. And I disagree with you on Mousasi. Gegard himself is only 25, a pretty young fighter himself. Who is to say he won't develop great TDD. Mousasi's striking skills are above most MMA fighters right now. Look at what he did to Jardine. Gegard simply overwhelmed him and suffered little to no damage. He has excellent head movement and a very accurate straight right. Freddie Roach has named him (along with GSP, Ando and BJ Penn) as one of the best boxers in MMA. The problem with both Shogun and Mousasi is that they rely on their BJJ/Sambo/Judo backgrounds to get out of dodge but that won't work against an opposing wrestler. Strength wise, you are correct sir. Jon is a powerful LHW because of size and his reach is definitely a roadblock but remember -- a fighter with a huge reach advantage can also be put into a huge disadvantage if he can't keep away a striker from coming in. It's happened many times before. As for Evans, I certainly think there's some truth to his claims. Rashad is a c o c k y SOB but I find that he is always honest even when he doesn't have to be. A training partner that knows your tricks and that has beaten you before will always have some form of psychological advantage. That is question that I wish to know soon... what will happen on the night of his first title defense? No fighter since Rampage has defended the title successfully. Will Jones be ready?"