Home Instant Articles Dana White Reacts To Mark Hunt’s Brutal Callout

Dana White Reacts To Mark Hunt’s Brutal Callout

4
SHARE

Mark Hunt is still extremely upset with UFC President Dana White after being pulled from the UFC’s Sydney card next month (Sat. November 18, 2017) from the Qudos Banks Arena in Sydney, Australia.

The decision to yank him from the card came after reading his article for Players Voice in Australia. He was previously scheduled to take on Marcin Tybura in the main event, however, after reading Hunt’s comments the decision to pull him from the card was made. Here’s an excerpt from Hunt’s article:

“My body is f**ked but my mind is still here,” Hunt said. “I’ve still got my senses about me and I know what’s right and wrong, which is the main thing. Sometimes I don’t sleep well. You can hear me starting to stutter and slur my words. My memory is not that good anymore. I’ll forget something I did yesterday but I can remember the s**t I did years and years ago.”

Matt Roberts for USA TODAY Sports

In response to being pulled from the card Hunt went on an expletive-filled rant on Instagram bashing UFC President Dana White. “The Super Samoan” later claimed that his words in his article were taken out of context and that the real reason he believes he was removed from the card is because he has an ongoing lawsuit against the UFC.

Hunt is suing the UFC and former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar after “The Beast” tested positive for performance enhancing drugs (PEDs) following their UFC 200 co-main event meeting. TMZ recently caught up with Dana White to get his reaction to being bashed by Hunt on Instagram. Here’s what he had to say (quotes via MMA Fighting):

“He’s always going off on me,” White said.

“Listen, sometimes you gotta protect these guys from themselves and that’s what we’re looking into right now. He made a statement that I’ve hated him forever. I don’t hate Mark Hunt at all. I never hated Mark Hunt. He knows that. I was actually really good with Mark Hunt.”

“I don’t expect an apology at all, no.”

Mandatory Credit: Joshua Dahl for USA TODAY Sports Images

  • JamesC

    Shouldn’t the commission be the ones pulling him? That is what happened with Cain. Big suprise D. White is being shady.

  • HeteroFriendly

    Dana reacted?

    Well thats news.

    Down porta rican way.

  • ernesto chavez

    Confusing because Mr. Hunt’s doctor cleared him to fight but Mr. White, a non-licensed physician, says Hunt is not medically cleared to fight.

    Guess White, or “Rosemarie’s Baby” as his mom called him in her book, believes that having over $400,000,000 automatically qualifies him as a doctor. Probably got his medical license from the School Of Phoenix or other privately owned certificate mill.

    “Dr. White” also found Mr. Velasquez medically unable to fight, even though a real licensed doctor had cleared him for fight.

  • Wabbit

    Yes, Dana White was waiting for any excuse to eject Mark Hunt; after the tirade earlier in the year, from the “Super Samoan” on PED use in UFC, and threats of a related lawsuit.

    Yes, Mark Hunt shot his professional fighting career between the eyes, when he publicly stated he suffered from physical signs which could be interpreted as concussive brain damage.

    No, a legitimate licensing body dare not expose itself legally, by allowing someone believed to already suffering from such damage, to incur additional injury in their promotion.