Quote: Sources Agree Conor McGregor ‘Will Fight Again’

1
SHARE

According to MMAfighting.com‘s Ariel Helwani, UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor’s recent retirement via social media may only be temporary.

Helwani tweeted early Wednesday morning that the Irish star may not have seen his last appearance in the Octagon just yet.

According to Dana White in a recent interview with ESPN, McGregor refused to attend a media event in Las Vegas this week as he is in Iceland training for his previously scheduled fight with rival Nate Diaz. Now White says the UFC 200 main event has been scrapped and UFC brass is searching for other options for the card’s main event.

McGregor rocked the MMA world Tuesday afternoon, when he sent out a tweet announcing his sudden departure from the sport:

According to Helwani, UFC President Dana White claims the dispute between McGregor and the UFC was never about the money and he believes “Notorious” will fight again:

White also said he is open to clearing the air with the Irishman, to re-negotiate a bout at UFC 200 and went into more depth about the disagreement that led to his removal from the card:

McGregor has yet to go in depth on his apparent retirement and has not made an official statement at this time.

  • MeatCrusher

    How naive can everyone be? This is a BARGAINING TACTIC. CLUELESS!!!