Mark Hunt Responds To Bigfoot Silva's Failed Drug TestPosted on December 18, 2013, 08:36 AM by Buster Evans
News broke yesterday that Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva had failed his post-fight drug test following his epic battle with Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33.
Silva failed the test with elevated testosterone levels which he blamed in his doctor and not any fault of his own. Hunt was initially disappointed when he heard the news of his former training partner's failed test.
However, when he learned, from speaking to MMAJunkie.com, that he would receive Silva's $50,000 bonus, "The Super-Samoan" was understandably excited.
“I haven’t heard anything...Hell yeah!”
Hunt and Silva's epic battle will no doubt go down as one of the greatest fight's in heavyweight history. The fight went to a majority draw after five rounds of brutal action.
When Hunt learned that Silva had been granted a therapeutic-use exemption by the UFC he said that he "needed to get on that s-t".
"S–t, I need to get on some of this s–t. F–k, I don’t know how these guys are doing this s–t. I should get some of that s–t, too."
The news came as an early Christmas present for Hunt and will no doubt make up for him being out of action after he broke his hand cracking "Bigfoot's" dome. Hunt was shocked when he initially heard the information but said he still hasn't heard anything from the UFC:
“That’s news to me. I haven’t heard anything of it. I don’t know what to say, honestly. I don’t know what it is, but kudos to me for the bonus, eh?”
The fight will stay as a majority draw on Hunt's record while Silva's has been overturned to a no contest. The Brazilian has also been suspended for nine months. There has been no word yet on whether Silva's win bonus will be taken away from the fighter but the UFC may fine the amount from him.
Photo: Bruce Fedyck for USA TODAY Sports