Team Quest's Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen appear to have got their testosterone problem in order.
The two teammates were both longtime users of the controversial treatment which was banned outright in February. But it looks like the UFC vets have got their problems straightened out as they have both received licences to fight in Nevada for their upcoming bouts.
Henderson is now all set to meet Daniel Cormier on May 24 in Las Vegas for the co-main event of UFC 173. The bout is the first for "Hendo" following his destruction of Mauricio Rua in the pairs rematch at UFN 38.
"The American Gangster" is now confirmed to be fighting in "Sin City" as he is set to take on Wanderlei Silva following their stint coaching on The Ultimate Fighter. Sonnen will be looking to get back in the win column against his long time rival after getting smashed by Rashad Evans at UFC 167.
The news was confirmed on Twitter by MMA Fight Corners Heidi Fang who attended the fighters hearing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission earlier today.
Checkout Fang's tweets below:
Chael Sonnen approved for a license for #UFC175 by the NSAC.— Heidi Fang (@HeidiFang) May 13, 2014
Dan Henderson says he's had a great training camp, feels great & ready for Cormier. He's approved for a license by the NSAC for #UFC173— Heidi Fang (@HeidiFang) May 13, 2014
Sonnen was reportedly questioned on how he had been coping since getting of TRT and if he had noticed any difference. The former middleweight and light-heavyweight title challenger said training for the bout has been hard but he couldn't tell if that was down to him coming off the treatment or due to him switching camps.
Henderson was asked the same questions as his training partner and he replied by saying he felt great just over a week out from his bout with Cormier. Now we will just have to wait and see how they cope without the treatment.
Regardless, Sonnen and Henderson are now clean from TRT and all ready to fight again. How do you think the pair will cope without TRT?