Cheick Kongo: I Am On Good Terms With The UFCPosted on May 4, 2013, 11:07 AM by Rory Kernaghan
Since Cheick Kongo's first round KO loss at the heavy right hand of 'Big Country', a lot has happened for the French Giant. Rumours started circulating that Kongo, who holds an 18-8 record and is 3-2 in his last five, had been cut from the organization in which he holds an impressive 11 wins. It would seem as though Kongo himself has a different point of view, as he recently expressed over his facebook page:
"Don't believe he said- she said stories, I have not been cut by the UFC. I am Cheick Kongo so I know BEST what's NEXT for me. It doesn't mean that I am leaving the UFC, it doesn't mean that I am staying, it means this is my LIFE."
You'll have to excuse the shoddy translation from French, but you get the point. Kongo continued:
"Do not believe what we tell you. I am in the best position to know what happened to my career in the UFC. AND do not worry. For the moment, be aware that in no case the UFC not dismissed me and I am on very good terms with the American organization."
It would seem rather harsh that the UFC would cut the Heavyweight who has landed the most strikes and spent the most amount of time in the octagon after just one straight loss. Perhaps Kongo is merely taking a hiatus to have some family time or maybe he is planning on going back to the drawing board.