UFC on Fox Pre-Fight Press Conference HighlightsPosted on November 9, 2011, 04:10 PM by Joey Santosus
UFC President Dana White, alongside Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez and top contender Junior dos Santos, were in attendance today at the Nokia Plaza in Los Angeles, California for the UFC on Fox Pre-Fight Press Conference. The card, which marks the promotion's network television debut, will be headlined by a Heavyweight title clash between Velasquez and dos Santos, while a Lightweight showdown pitting Clay Guida against Ben Henderson will serve as the co-main event.
UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos Pre-Fight Press Conference Highlights (via MMAMania.com):
• It's great to have two healthy athletes up here finally and yes this is the biggest fight in UFC history. This has built to where we have millions of fans around the world. We've broken attendance records but this Saturday night on FOX, millions of people will see the UFC that have never watched it before. The biggest moment for the sport of mixed martial arts, these are the guys that you want to see fight. Primetime showed what kind of people they are, but on Saturday you'll see what kind of fighters they are.
• I don't think it will go five rounds but I at least hope it goes one round.
• It's just fight week. That's what it feels like to me. It feels the same as any other fight. I've had a long layoff but I'm excited to be here again fighting in the L.A. area.
• It wasn't any different at all with the long layoff, just the rehab that the doctor had me do to get my shoulder better again. Once I did that, it was just like normal.
• I think this will go five rounds. That's what I'm prepared for, that's what I'm training for.
Junior dos Santos
• I feel great to be fighting against Cain. I will keep my focus on the fight and him. That's what I'm gonna do. I will win this fight and I will keep all my energy to win.
• For sure, Its mma. I'm ready to fight, it doesnt matter where. I love to fight standing and I will try to keep this fight standing. If this fight stays standing, for sure its going to be a huge show. ... If the fight stays standing, I will try to knock him out.
• I'll knock him out with both hands. I have two hands for a reason but I like this one (points to right hand).
• I don't think it will go five rounds. I'm ready to go five rounds but it will finish before.
Further Reading: Velasquez and dos Santos Head to Head: Who will win in Anaheim?
Photo: Scott Hirano