UFC 141 Press Conference: Brock Lesnar is the underdog with a "big f---ing bite"Posted on December 28, 2011, 05:00 PM by Joey Santosus
UFC President Dana White, alongside the majority of Friday's main card competitors, were in attendance today at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada for the UFC 141 Pre-Fight Press Conference. A colossal showdown between Heavyweight giants, Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem, will headline the stacked card, while top Lightweights Donald Cerrone and Nate Diaz will go head to head in the co-main event. Also featured will be perennial Welterweight contender Jon Fitch taking on rising prospect Johny Hendricks, and veteran Light Heavyweight Vladimir Matyushenko meets Alexander Gustafsson.
UFC 141: Lesnar vs. Overeem Pre-Fight Press Conference Highlights:
• My health is 100-percent, my surgery was a success. If you guys follow the media, that question has been answered about 3,000 times. I feel good, I'm ready to fight.
• The underdog, with a big f---ing bite! Alright?
• I was a former WWE champion. I mean, if you lived in a cave for the last 50-years, you probably think it's real, but it's not, sorry. But, I haven't labeled myself. I go by Brock, the UFC fighter, and you guys can label me whatever you want. I don't give a sh-t.
• I've been a competitor since I was five-years-old. I started wrestling when I was five and street fighting since I was, I don't know, eight. There was nothing much else to do, except go to the next town and scrap and steal other guy's girlfriends. I've had over 100 wrestling matches and I don't even know what my UFC record is, I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, we're both going to step into the cage 0-0 and life goes on. You try to become a better fighter and that's where I'm at.
• We've watched all of Alistair's fights and studied him, and I believe that we've left no stone unturned and we're prepared for everythinging. You can't underestimate anyone is this organization. Somebody is going to enter the octagon and win and somebody has to lose.
• The type of fighter I am, and the type Brock is, we are not the type of fighters that want to go to the second-round. He's going to come in for the kill and so am I. One plus one is two.
• I've been cleaning house overseas. I have a lot of experience, I've been fighting for fourteen years. When I was 19, I had the amount of fights that Brock has now. So I understand the odds a little bit.
• I'm finally in the UFC, basically I've already beaten every one outside, so it was the logical next move. But, I didn't expect it to happen this soon. I thought it would be after the Stirkeforce Grand Prix. The next step is the UFC title, Brock is in the way, and Friday I'm going to beat him. ... UFC title will be the crown of my career. But, lets not look ahead of Brock Lesnar and what comes after, comes after. The UFC title is on my list.
• He will have to stand up with me because he isn't going to get that takedown. I can tell you that Pat Barry is not on my level with striking.
• Just getting my mind right, I wasn't mentally ready. Those (losses) were big fights. It was just getting my hands, my brain, and everything working together - and Friday they will.
• I've been watching Nate and his brother (Nick) for a long time. No matter what, they throw down.
• The confrontation was there, words were said, the fight is happening on Friday. It's on, we're going to dance.
• The last couple of days, the media has directed it towards me that way. If that's what he needs to do to fight, then ok - love me, or hate me.
• I'm super excited. Biggest show of the year, closing out the year with a bang. Two stand up warriors, I can't wait.
• I think he made it a little more than what it was. I just walked the other way. I train hard, I come to fight, and that's what I came here to do.
• I'm happy everybody came out for the show. I'm glad, Friday night, I get to showcase my skills for everyone here in Vegas and represent my team at Cesar Gracie Fight Team and the UFC. Thanks for coming out, I appreciate it.
• I'm training really hard, kickboxing, boxing, all of the time - everywhere. So, we're going to have to see what happens Friday night.
• We're going to have to see (who is better on the ground), but I train with top level jiu-jitsu guys.
For complete UFC 141 Pre-Fight Press Conference Gallery, visit CombatLifestyle.com