UFC 126: Pre-Fight Press Conference HighlightsPosted on February 2, 2011, 05:05 PM by Joey Santosus
UFC President Dana White, as well as the majority of Saturday's main-card fighters, were in attendance today at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada for the UFC 126 pre-fight press conference. The stacked card will be headlined by a Middleweight title clash between division Champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva and challenger Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort, while the co-main event will feature a Light Heavyweight showdown between rising stars Jon "Bones" Jones and Ryan Bader. Veterans Rich Franklin and Forrest Griffin will also go head to head, as well as former WEC stand-out Miguel Torres and Antonio Banuelos.
Dana White took the stage first, expressing his excitement for the card and Superbowl weekend. White also revealed the "special announcement" he had previously alluded to would be the live showing of the Bantamweight match-up between Japanese star "Kid" Yamamoto and Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson. That stream will be available by visiting the Official UFC Facebook page and clicking "Like."
Below are highlights from today's Press Conference:
• Whats important is to be remembered as the better person I am today, not the best Brazilian fighter.
• There are a lot of great fights, but the fight of the decade would be me fighting my clone.
• I believe it doesn't make a difference what we've trained, we've trained hard and Saturday there's no where to run.
• The belt is a symbol of hard work. It is important. I'm out there to put on the best performance I can.
• Vitor is a great fighter, like a lot of fighters I have faced and its going to be fun.
• (UFC Rio) is going to break down barriers and create opportunities that they may not have had.
• In Brazil, a lot of people talking about this fight. Two of the greatest fighters from Brazil in the cage on Saturday.
• Ray Sefo and Randy Couture will be in my corner.
• Something happened in my life a couple years ago, people who knew me back then but who don’t know me now, its a disadvantage for them.
• When I met Jesus I learned a lot of principles.
• I am relaxed now, I don’t have pressure, like the pressure when I became champion at 19. Now I am having fun.
• If I get a cut I don’t care, I get fixed after the fight, If I break, I get fixed after. I am there to have fun.
• I am there to fight and do my best. That is the only thing Dana and the UFC require from the fighters.
• The belt is something to conquer; if you want to get to the tip of the mountain you have to sacrifice something of yourself.
• To get the gold you must buy the field. The only way to get the gold is to buy the land and dig in for the one little piece.
• My camp was about training to fight the best pound for pound fighter in the world.
For the complete UFC 126 Press Conference Photo Gallery, visit UFC.com