Jon Jones responds to critics, says he's not surprised by the negative backlashPosted on May 18, 2011, 10:18 PM by Joey Santosus
Light Heavyweight Champion Jon "Bones" Jones, who was recently forced to withdraw from his first title defense against Rashad Evans, responds to critics who claim he is ducking his former Jackson's MMA teammate. Jones says he is not surprised by the backlash he has received, explaining that fans are just disappointed when they do not get a show when they want it.
Jones was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a recurring injury that would require surgery, but later announced, shortly after Evans had been assigned a new opponent, that he had decided against having the operation after all. Though Jones has expressed a desire to return to the octagon before the end of 2011, the 23-year-old's first challenger is not clear at this time. Photo: Francis Specker