Jon Fitch outwrestles Thiago Alves for Unanimous Decision victory

Posted on August 7, 2010, 11:13 PM by Anton Gurevich
> Cool 8
|
> Poor 12

Jon Fitch did what he knows best, winning a Unanimous Decision against “The Pitbull” Thiago Alves. As always, Fitch did not damage his opponent but still managed to dominate throughout the fight, thanks to his incredible wrestling skills.

Thiago Alves may blame his rough weight cut and ring rust, but the truth is that “The Pitbull” had a little to offer against Fitch, even with the fight in the stand-up. Alves showed improved Wrestling abilities, but it was not enough to stop Jon Fitch from executing his gameplan.

It is yet unclear whether Jon Fitch will get a title shot against the Koscheck vs GSP winner. Jon Fitch’s last finish was more than three years ago, as a victory against Alves is a 8th consecutive Decision. The AKA product may have to prove his worth once again before he gets another shot at the title.


Comments

REGISTER OR LOG IN TO POST COMMENTS AND BECOME AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY
  • knn03
    Weak
    4
    Funny | 1
    Sharp | 1
    Cool | 0

    I bet Fitch's girlfriend is a happy girl.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • dropkickmurphy
    Weak
    4
    Sharp | 2
    Funny | 0
    Cool | 0

    Is Silva got a reprimand for his performance against Maia...Fitch should get one for this, he just dragged him down and did nothing.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • qhha1984
    Sharp
    6
    Funny | 1
    Weak | 1
    Cool | 0

    can he do this against GSP. AHEM !! NO WAY IN HELL

    Reply 4 years ago
  • griffin
    Cool
    3
    Weak | 1
    Funny | 0
    Sharp | 0

    fitch had a bunch of chance to finish thiago.....dam shame

    Reply 4 years ago
  • falcon4917
    Sharp
    5
    Weak | 2
    Funny | 0
    Cool | 0

    Well I figured like many this would happen. I was impressed with fitchs' striking actually and he did make a pretty interesting fight out of this even without the finish but we did see him try in multiple arts. If he fights GSP again at this rate I would give him 40% chance of a win and GSP 60%. He is a good match for GSP but GSP will most likely come out on top unless caught by fitchs' new found striking.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • UnderdogGreatness
    Weak
    5
    Funny | 2
    Sharp | 0
    Cool | 0

    I'm not sure Fitch Can out " LAY AND PRAY" GSP. That fight was just a long love making session followed by a full body massage.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • moots
    Sharp
    6
    Weak | 3
    Funny | 0
    Cool | 0

    The most boring fight I've watched in the UFC. Fitch doesn't even go for the finish, he only controls and attempts to improve his position. SUPER BORING. The Silva Sonnen fight wasn't boring at all because Sonnen was actually hitting the other guy.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • falcon4917
    Sharp
    6
    Weak | 2
    Cool | 1
    Funny | 0

    You must have blinked during the stand up exchanges and blinked at the submission attempts. That was a really entertaining fight to me and I am not a grappling fan but I respect what Fitch and GSP can do regardless of how grappling orientated they are. Fitch stood for a much longer time than GSP has done recently and also scored better in the exchanges with Alves. Easily bored I guess.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • moots
    Funny
    2
    Sharp | 0
    Weak | 0
    Cool | 0

    I'm not easily bored, but I hadn't watched many Fitch fights before.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • japanegro23
    Cool
    5
    Sharp | 1
    Funny | 0
    Weak | 0

    I'm glad Fitch won. Alves couldn't make weight so he wouldn't deserve a title shot in my eyes. I don't think Fitch has a chance to beat GSP but he worked his way up the ladder again and deserves the chance to prove me and others wrong.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • UltimateMMA
    Sharp
    3
    Weak | 2
    Funny | 0
    Cool | 0

    DAMN Fitch is just too good,Good fight

    Reply 4 years ago
  • falcon4917
    Funny
    1
    Sharp | 0
    Weak | 0
    Cool | 0

    Well Alves excitement was subdued so I guess he's not that exciting either.

    Reply 4 years ago
  • MAMBA24ILL
    Weak
    1
    Funny | 0
    Sharp | 0
    Cool | 0

    Fitch really needs to work on finishing a fight for once. The guy is great at taking people down, holding them there, but he's hella boring.

    Reply 4 years ago